RMT was formed as a company in the year 2000 in order to pool the talents of a family of freelance artists and musicians. Previously based in Bolton, the company has toured numerous locations including:
- Yorkshire theatres (for Yorkshire youth and music, in winter 2001), Yorkshire schools (for Mid Pennine Arts, spring 2001 and performed in streets all over the country (Brighton Festival, The Commonwealth Games etc.) During the summer of 2000 they toured Italy and were invited back for the summer of 2001.
- 2002 Performances in Settle, Bentham, Irlam, (for SURE START etc.)
- 2003 A workshop weekend for Scargill House in March and performances and workshops for CRAVEN PUPPETRY FESTIVAL.
- 2004/5 Shadow puppet suitcase performances for LOOKING WELL, (PIONEER PROJECTS LTD.), WORCNET, and STARTLE, (Arts and Gardens Festival, Derby) and performances of newly updated version of “The Tempest” in Holmfirth for CRAGRATS THEATRE and Pantasaph, Wales (with accompanying drama workshop).
- 2006 Theatre and puppetry based workshops including a toy theatre workshop for Pontefract Liquorice festival co-ordinated by THE FACELESS CO. using actual liquorice to make edible puppets, shadow puppetry workshops for Bentham Out of School Club and most recently set design workshops for OLDHAM COLISEUM THEATRE.